About our director
and various events.
To obtain her goals, and to be there to enrich DDC, Suzanne has experienced the following:
- Begin in Sweet Adelines in 1989.
July 2013 - attended "Side by Side International Directors Training" in Orange County, California.
- July 2013 - Received directors coaching from Robin Curtis and Glenda Rucker
- July 2013 - Attended "The Melodeers" Chorus Rehearsal to gain more knowledge from Master Director, Jim Arns.
- Attended numerous Region 25 Summer Music Camps & Quartet Retreats.
- Attended numerous Sweet Adelines International Competitions.
- A member of "Special D'Sign", a quartet who was not only a member of SAI, but also Harmony, Incorporated. Special D'Sign won their Regional Competition and earned a place in Harmony Incorporated 1999 International Competition where they earned 9th place and received Novice Quartet Award.
- She comes to DDC with 5 years Sweet Adeline directing experience.
On a personal note, Suzanne is married to her high school sweetheart, Wade. They have been married for 28 years. Suzanne and Wade have a passion for shooting sporting clays and enjoy traveling all of the United States competing.
What does Wade and Suzanne consider their greatest accomplishment? Their twin daugthers - Amy & Mandy. They are truly miracles from God! Both girls are graduates of the University of Arkansas with their teaching degrees. Suzanne, Amy, & Mandy sing together in their Church; while Amy is now a member of Dazzling Diamonds Chorus, making Suzanne one very proud Mom!